Summit Technology, Inc.
is the manufacturer of the PowerSight® family of electric power analyzers; the "tools of first resort" for energy and power analysis. PowerSight analyzers provide extensive capabilities as energy and demand analyzers, harmonic analyzers, power quality analyzers, power meters, and data loggers. They are easy-to-use, small, light-weight, and highly capable yet cost-effective instruments.
Use them for three-phase, two-phase, single-phase, 4 wire delta, open delta, 2CT/2PT, DC, 50Hz, 60Hz, and 400Hz systems. They are in use by utilities, electrical contractors, electrical test engineers and plant & facility engineers all over the world (including The South Pole).
The PS2500 Power and Data Logger
This is our entry-level, low-cost data logger. It performs all measurements required for energy and demand analysis. It also has an option for harmonic analysis.
The PS3500 Energy Analyzer
Our most popular meter performs data logging and all measurements for energy and demand analysis, plus it includes harmonic analysis as standard. A full keypad and meter display window allows the PS3500 to be used for real-time spot-checks of all power parameters, similar to a multimeter. The PS3500 is also available for rental from Summit Technology.
The PS4500 Power Quality Analyzer
This meter is oriented towards the demanding needs of power quality analysis. In addition to energy analysis and logging, it makes harmonic analysis on every cycle, captures swells and sags on every half cycle, and captures transients with a resolution of 8 microseconds; all in a package that fits in your hand and weighs less than 2 pounds!
All PowerSight models use the same PowerSight Manager (PSM) software and the same voltage and current probes to allow easy interchange between models.
We offer the widest breadth of accessories and options:
- Voltage probes are supplied with all models for direct connection up to 600VAC
- Optional High Voltage probes rated to 5KV, or 15KV
- AC Current probes for currents from 5 milliamps to 6,000 Arms
- Styles of Current probes include flexible rope types (Rogowski), and clamp-on types
- On-line Motor Diagnostics and Analysis Option
- Power-line noise spectrum analysis option up to 100KHz
- Hard, soft, or weather resistant carrying cases
- Line-to-DC converters to power the meter off the AC source you are monitoring
- Bluetooth Communications
- PC Analysis and Report Generation Software
- CAT-IV Safety rating
The Key to Successful Power Studies
Performing a power study is a process. Consider that any power study has a beginning, a middle, and an end that involves several activities. The process can be described as follows:
- Making connections to the power circuit
- Set-up (programming) of the meter
- Measurement and collection and of data with meter
- Analysis of data in PC
- Generation of final report - documenting results.
See a sample report here: Auto Report
PowerSight meters have been designed to aid the entire process as well as measure all aspects of power. With a PowerSight you will consistently achieve succesful studies, first time, every time, and have a more satisfactory user experience.
Get the paper published in Electrical Products & Solutions magazine here: Power Monitoring: Successful Studies Follow a Process.